New Delhi: A Delhi Rajdhani left the tracks near the Minto Bridge in the national capital on Thursday, a few hours after seven wagons of Shaktipunj Express derailed in Uttar Pradesh. No casualties were reported in both accidents.
“As the speed of the train (Ranchi-Delhi Rajdhani Express) has been very low, no passenger has been injured,” said Northern Railways spokesman Neeraj Sharma.
The incident occurred at approximately 11:45 am. Earlier in the morning, seven trainers from the Shaktipunj Express in Jabalpur derailed in the Sonbhadra district of Uttar Pradesh.
“The accident happened around 6:05 this morning and we have cleared the site, all the passengers have been placed in the other trainers and 7.28 m, all have left the place.” The accident was injured, said Anil Saxena, spokesman for the ministry.
The train was running at a speed of about 40 km / h, according to officials, avoiding any injury when the incident occurred.
It was the third derailment in Uttar Pradesh in less than a month. On 19 August, the Kalinga Utkal Express derailed in the Muzaffarnagar district, killing 22 people. On August 23, the Kaifiat Express derailed in the Auraiya district.
The derailments of the Rajdhani and the Shaktipunj Express are the first two accidents after Piyush Goyal was appointed new minister of railways this week.